29 September 2011

Crochet Baby Boy Blanket

I have been making this blanket for some time now, it is for my cousins baby boy, I love the colours unlike the pink and orange monstrosity I made earlier this year for my sisters sister in law to go with her buggy.


I got the pattern from HERE and I used King Cole Bamboo Cotton DK which I have used for quite a few projects now including my Nephew's blanket that I made over a year and a half ago, it still looks perfect now after repeated washings so I am really impressed with the yarn and it is nice to make a baby blanket out of something other than acrylic.


The pattern itself is really simple and if I didn't do my usual of getting bored halfway through a project I could have finished it off in a week. Hopefully I will get it done soon so I can make a start on the Christmas presents I am going to be making this year.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Hello! I found your adorable blanket in my search for crochet baby blankets. I clicked your link for the pattern, but it is an error message, 404 Not Found. Do you happen to know the name of the pattern? There are thousands of patterns on this web site and if I had the name of the pattern, it would be helpful. Thank you for sharing your beautiful baby blanket! Hoping to give this one a try. :)

Ellen said...

Hi Julie thank you your lovely comment made me smile. Its called sweet baby blanket, I think this link for the pdf should work http://com.yarnspirations.pattern-pdfs.s3.amazonaws.com/Bernat_BabyCoordinates240_cr_blanket.en_US.pdf its a really simple pattern if you do make it I would recommend weaving the ends in as you go or it takes forever at the end. Happy new year :)

Julie said...

Thank you so much! I really appreciate your help! I'm so glad I checked back in on your blog, or I wouldn't have seen your response! :)