30 September 2011

One of those days


I have had one of those days were lots of little things have happened that have led to me being completely stressed out and grumpy.

Firstly I am not good in hot weather least of all the 28c we had here today, not in September when I should be wearing cardies, boots and snugly scarves. I got a call from the boys school this morning W had broken his glasses at play time, so up I trudge in the boiling hot to take his spare pair and retrieve the knackered ones.

Then the boys were both tired and grumpy walking home from school which always puts me in a bad mood. I turned the oven on to make dinner, 10 minutes later I got a whiff of melted plastic so ran into the kitchen to be greeted with clouds of smoke and what can only be described as a molten lump of black goo on top of the cooker, seemingly one of the Herberts had turned one of the rings on and the top of the cooker was less than clear, the worrying thing is I have no idea what the melted goo was originally. Then after I had cleared the smoke from the kitchen I managed to incinerate the pizza I was lovingly heating up for the boys.

I think I will just take my miserable self to bed and hope for a better day tomorrow.

No comments: