4 October 2011

Christmas Shopping

Only 81 days to go

I am one of those people that adores Christmas, but I always do my best to buy, make and wrap everyone’s presents before the 1st December so I can really enjoy the run up to the big day without having to fight my way through the boiling hot shops with everyone else.

I love taking time to find or make gifts for people that I know they will enjoy, rather than mad dashes around boots 3 for 2 on Christmas eve and getting things for the sake of getting them. Though no matter how organised I am buying for the men in my life is always a nightmare.

I have a spreadsheet so I can keep up with what I have got for who (it is also helpful for seeing if I keep getting the same people the same things every year) .

We have a Christmas savings account which we pay into monthly, so if I see any bargains during the year I can get them and squirrel them away in my present cupboard. Then whatever is left in the account come December usually covers the food and drink so we don't have such a tight month January. We have had a savings account for Christmas for 4 years now and it really takes the pressure off covering the cost of it all.

I am getting all excited about it now.

No comments: