8 October 2011

Wardrobe revamp

So I have recently been reading a lot about minimising your wardrobe and have decided to have a major sort out of mine. I am ashamed to admit I have a wardrobe full of clothes that I never wear, I mostly live in jeans and basic jersey tops which I am not sure are entirely flattering.

I like the sound of project 333 (basically wearing only 33 items including coats, shoes and accessories for 3 months) so I might give it a go.  I really struggle with shoes, my feet are very wide and I have a real problem finding anything that fits and can cope with the amount of walking I do as I don't drive and the boys school is a good 40 minute walk there and back. I tend to wear out a pair of boots in about 5 months and trashed 3 pairs of flip flops this summer. Really my only choices for shoes are M&S and Evans and they do tend to be really frumptastic.


Now the weather is feeling more Autumnal I can finally put away my summer dresses and linen trousers and dig out my winter stuff.  So the first step for my new streamlined wardrobe is clearing out everything and giving it a really good clean and vacuum, I have also bought some new hangers.


So hopefully soon I will have a slightly more organised wardrobe and then I will decide if I am going to give project 333 a go. I am full of a cold at the moment so I will have to put it on hold for a few days.

No comments: